The Executive Secretariat of the Bolivarian Alliance for the Peoples of Our America – People’s Trade Treaty (ALBA-TCP) congratulates the people and institutions of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela for the democratic process on the occasion of the “2021 Venezuelan Regional Elections” held on November 21st, in which the executive and legislative positions of the 24 federal states and the 335 municipalities of the country were elected.
Upon the invitation of the Venezuelan National Electoral Council, the Executive Secretariat joined this historic election day as international observer, along with other participants from dozens of countries and international organizations.
Some of the most relevant figures include:
- 21,159,846 eligible voters.
- 70,244 candidates participated in the election of 3,082 positions at the level of governors, mayors, legislative and municipal councils. It is worth noting that 49.44% are women and 50.56% are men, respecting and promoting equity in all lists submitted to the popular vote.
- 14,272 voting centers throughout the country.
- 902,380 citizens were members of the subordinate electoral bodies of the 24 regional governments, 335 municipal councils, 71 parish councils and polling stations.
- 33,186 electronic voting machines.
- 262,284 witnesses from the different accredited political parties.
Hence, it is once again demonstrated that the Venezuelan electoral system is one of the safest and most reliable in the world and that the electoral day has not been sullied neither by the distortion campaign led by those who do not respect the will of a free and sovereign people nor by the imposition of unilateral coercive measures in violation of the International Law and the Charter of the United Nations. These measures – intensified during the pandemic – have not been able and will not be able to break the commitment of the Venezuelan people to their democracy.
Also, it was possible to confirm the strict compliance with the biosecurity measures that – within the framework of the fight against COVID-19 – ensured people’s participation.
The Executive Secretariat of the Bolivarian Alliance for the Peoples of Our America – People’s Trade Treaty (ALBA-TCP) reiterates its congratulations for the electoral process where the Venezuelan people, based on the guarantee of the full exercise of their political will, tolerance and plurality, has and will always have the first and last word on its fate.
Sacha Sergio Llorenti
ALBA-TCP Executive Secretary